Saturday 11 December 2010

Titles, Page Numbers & References TESTING THINGS




This is quite a good way of introducing a chapter. A little too confusing perhaps though.


Now that I have established that the golden section grid works and has a definite strong chance of being the final layout solution, I have decided to be a bit more experimental. I can't help as though I should be more creative with the layout, but I also know that a career in design will give me plenty of opportunity to explore some more interesting layout solutions.



The gap in the middle is just too big. I did print out a few mock spreads of this, lost amongst the mass of paper I got through for this brief. Not only did it not read as well, but when the document was help my thumbs covered up the left and right edges of the paragraphs. Not exactly very smart is it. So This doesn't really stand a chance. But of course, I had to do it to know, (that is what I tell myself when I feel I have wasted my time.)



Still Looking good! I like this layout a lot.



Bright yellow might seem a bit obvious as a choice in the current climate of graphic design. It is the hardest colour the the eye to comprehend. So really I am not sure why I am even bothering with trying it.

However it is quite interesting that even though I have made some fairly odd decisions, in yellow they do not seem so bad. The pt size of the page numbers is huge for example, yet in yellow they still work in the hierarchy.


No to the horizontal chapter title, I had to try it to know, but no thank you, The large coloured beginning to the paragraph is fun though, not out of place. In fact this originated from the most classical texts of all, the Bible and all that. Perhaps a little pretentious though.


here I have tried to ease the eye into the start of the paragraph by creating a kind of arrow with a repetition of the chapter number. But I know in my gut that this sucks.



No comments:

Post a Comment