Thursday 9 December 2010

Planning the Format

Initial planning of the format of the book was fairly straight forward. A lot of books exist which this kind if content, and as it might have to go into production at some point in the near future, so the format should not be too ambitious. Or at least no so much that the cost sky rockets.

230mm by 170mm was the chosen format.

After mocking up where the elements of the cover and inside sleeve would go I began thinking about the grid.

The grid was custom made the the format, following the golden section rule. It was the first time I had drawn my own grid and enjoyed seeing it come together and then working and looking like a professional piece of work. Pretty chuffed for some reason.

I wrote down all the notes I had learned fro looking at existing work on the inside page of the mock-up so that I could reference it quickly. Thats what al the red writing is.














No comments:

Post a Comment