Friday 10 December 2010

Chapter Titles


These first two ideas seem pretty solid. They aren't too distracting. 'Introduction' is too large though. Fun, but not suitable. Plus I hate it when things get lost in gutters. I had a chat with a friends dad of mine who is a graphic designer / photographer. He was saying to me how frustrating it is when there is so much space on a page, but still the designer manages to loose information in the gutter, pointless. Agreed?



This could work if the 3 wasn't rotated, but then again, it could be too playful. Is this book about photography or typography for goodness sake?


Nice, not sure about the position of the number though. That far away from the start of the body copy, and rotated 90..(why isn't there a degrees symbol on keyboards yet?) It just drawn the eye away.


Will loose the chapter title in the gutter...


Cheap textbook...


This is smart, very smart. I know I know not very original, Futura reversed out on black, but common, it looks great. Especially that sexy 7, daym! That isn't very constructive is it. I think the 7 work well because it naturally points to the header, if only all numbers were that cool.


I have tried to be a bit more typographically creative here. I do not think this is really suitable, for the first time I feel as though, because I have a real client with a big job to do that I should have some restraint. It is fun to have a play with the hierarchy though.


This has just gone way too far, I don't even want to talk about it.


This reads, 'conclusion 10' as if it was the 10th conclusion within the book. Its things like this, just lapses in caring or thought that I despise in design. It has to work across the whole range of chapter titles, not just look pretty.

I am liking the | though, adds some definite start, or end to the header. A short pause before tackling another chapter.


No comments:

Post a Comment